Carolinas Investment Consulting LLC (CIC), together with Carolinas Wealth Consulting (CWC), recognizes that our relationships with current and prospective clients are based on integrity and trust. We work hard to maintain your privacy and to preserve the private nature of our relationship with you. Over our history as a financial services provider, we have placed the highest value on the information you share with us. CIC will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law or at your direction. We have not and will not sell your personal information. CIC will provide the privacy statement to all customers annually.
We want our clients to understand what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it responsibly.
Why We Collect Your Information
We gather information about you and your accounts so that we can:
- Help design and implement the investment and planning related services we provide you; and
- Comply with the federal laws and regulations that govern us.
What Information We Collect and Maintain
We may collect the following types of “nonpublic personal information” about you:
- Information from our initial meeting or subsequent consultations about your identity, such as your name, address, social security number, date of birth, and financial information.
- Information that we generate to service your account (such as performance reports and trade tickets).
- Information that we may receive from third parties with respect to your accounts.
What Information We Disclose
We are permitted by law to disclose nonpublic information about you to unaffiliated third parties in certain circumstances. For example, in order for us to provide investment management and advisory services to you, we may disclose your personal information in limited circumstances to various services providers, such as our clearing and custody firms.
We may disclose nonpublic information about you to Carolinas Wealth Consulting LLC (CWC), the registered investment adviser affiliated with CIC, if we have a signed services agreement between you and CWC. Arrangements with companies not affiliated with CIC will be subject to confidentiality agreements.
Otherwise, CIC will not disclose any personal information about you or your account(s) unless one of the following conditions is met:
- We receive your prior written consent;
- We have documentation that the recipient is your authorized representative; or
- We are required by law or regulators to disclose information to the recipient.
How We Protect Your Personal Information