Focused on Overseeing Your Family’s Financial Affairs
Cash Flow Modeling
- Forecast cash flow based on different scenarios of income and expenses
- Capital sufficiency testing for future goals
- Monte Carlo simulation analysis to test success rate of different strategies
- What’s my magic number to retire successfully?
- Diversified portfolios based on modern portfolio theory
- An institutional investment consulting process that can be applied to the needs of individuals, retirement plans, foundations, and other organizations
- Carolinas Investment Consulting, LLC is the 4th –largest Charlotte area financial planning firm, with total assets under management of approximately one billion USD.
Income Tax Forecasting
- Tax issues related to financial planning & investment consulting
- Multi-year income tax forecasts to manage cash flow & identify strategies
- Estate document flowcharting to understand how your plan works
- Tax returns & CPA advice through David A. Perkins, CPA, licensed NC CPA firm
Risk Management & Asset Protection
- Ownership arrangements and titling of assets for liability protection
- Umbrella liability insurance coverage
- Trusts to protect children or grandchildren from creditors in business & divorce
- LLC’s designed to help shield your investment accounts from potential lawsuits
- Review of current Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney (documents must be drafted by client’s own personal attorney)
- Flowcharts showing how your net worth will pass to spouse and heirs based on the design of your estate plan
- Strategies to minimize estate taxes
- Third Party Trust custodians to provide multi-generational fiduciary oversight
- Objective review of type and amount of life insurance coverage
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Survivorship Life insurance with Trusts for estate planning
Retirement Plan Services
- Objective, disciplined investment process to meet fiduciary standards
- Investment consulting for management of plan assets
- Specialty custodians for real estate and private placement investments
- Employee education and communication
Business Succession Planning & Exit Strategy
- Strategies for sale or transfer of company ownership & management
- Referrals to and coordination with investment bankers and M&A specialists
- Consulting on buy-sell agreements
Relationship Structure & Pricing
There are three separate fee arrangements that can be customized to fit your particular needs and financial situation:
Assets Under Management
- Minimum account for investment management: $1 million
Annual Contract Fee for Services
- In some situations, assets under management is not the right fee structure
- In those situations, we customize an annual fee based on the amount of time and complexity
- Fees are invoiced to you for payment each calendar quarter in advance
- It may be agreed that certain special services will be billed on an hourly basis
- Typically, we will meet with you quarterly to discuss your customized agenda of ongoing issues
- Typical annual retainer fees begin at $10,000/year and are scaled to the time and complexity of your situation
Tax Preparation & Advice
- Tax return & CPA services provided by David A. Perkins, CPA, a licensed NC CPA firm
- Although Dave provides his financial planning and investment consulting services through CIC, his tax return preparation and CPA firm is a separate business and CIC bears no legal responsibility for tax advice provided by Dave in his capacity as a CPA
- Returns include personal 1040, state returns and related trusts, LLC’s, gift tax returns, and non-operating-business partnerships. No business returns.
Dave holds the following professional designations and certifications:
- J.D.: Albany Law School, followed by several years of general legal practice in Connecticut
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant, including 12 years in public accounting with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and KPMG Peat Marwick
- Personal Financial Specialist from the AICPA, which is awarded to a CPA with the combination of extensive tax expertise and comprehensive knowledge of financial planning.
- CFP: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ Designation since 1989
- Former Director of Estate & Financial Planning for IJL/Wachovia Securities, now Wells Fargo Advisors.
- Over the course of his career, Mr. Perkins has provided services to executives and directors from the following companies:
- EnPro Industries
- Goodrich Corp.
- Lockheed Martin
- General Electric
- Belk Store Services
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Wachovia Bank & subsidiaries
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- United Dominion (Now SPX)
- Centex Homes
- Lance, Inc.
- Bank of America
- Novant/Presbyterian Healthcare
Dave is a member of the NC Bar Association, Charlotte chapter of the Financial Planning Association, and Charlotte Estate Planning Council.
Dave serves on the Board of Directors of the United Way Legacy Foundation of the Central Carolinas United Way and on the Leave a Legacy Steering Committee affiliated with the Foundation for the Carolinas. He also serves on the Board of Advisors for Florence Crittenton Services in Charlotte.
Dave and his clients are supported by Walker Shelton and Justin Louis.
By: Wade Austin
Driven by a rapid lifting of economic restrictions throughout most of the U.S., stocks in May posted their fourth consecutive month of gains as the S&P 500 closed at 4,204 –
By: Wade Austin
March marked the one year anniversary of when the government’s top infectious disease expert recommended a 14 day national shutdown to slow the spread of the coronavirus.